The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled.
- 440g Minced Lamb
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2-3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- Large splash of Worcestershire sauce
- 500ml beef stock
- 600g cooked potatoes, mashed with butter
- Heat the sunflower oil in a medium saucepan, then soften the onion and carrots for a few minutes.
- When soft, turn up the heat, crumble in the Minced Lamb and brown, tipping off any excess fat.
- Add tomato purée and Worcestershire sauce, then fry for a few more minutes.
- Pour over the beef stock, bring to a simmer, then cover and cook for 40 minutes, uncovering halfway.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 180ºC/ Fan 160ºC/ Gas 4.
- Put the mince into an ovenproof dish, top with mashed potatoes and ruffle with a fork.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is starting to colour and the mince is bubbling through at the edges. Leave to stand for five minutes before serving.
Comfort food, Pies