Working with the Head of Marketing and wider Marketing team, this role is responsible for the planning and creation of marketing content output to support the Donald Russell marketing team and a lead driver in the creation of an associated cross-channel content marketing strategy.
The role will create and facilitate the creation of written and visual content that improves the user experience of the Donald Russell digital and offline presence, including but not limited to the company website, social media channels, mail packs, catalogues and email communications. Thinking “like the customer”, this role will create and publish content that promotes and elevates the Donald Russell brand, ultimately driving customer sales and loyalty.
This key member of the marketing team will be an excellent planner, with a talent for engaging people internally and via creative marketing content.
The holder of this post will be passionate and knowledgeable about food, preferably with a food-marketing background.
• Educated in marketing, digital media, communications, advertising, or other equivalent/relevant areas.
• Qualifications and/or experience in relevant platforms such as Adobe Creative Cloud, website CMS systems, content planning/management systems etc.
• This role would be suitable for a candidate with relevant experience in e-commerce, digital marketing and/or other content creation and management functions within an agency or company would be advantageous.
• Ability to efficiently create high quality, professional-level multimedia content for use across a variety of digital and offline channels.
• Experience in managing agencies and internal stakeholders.
• Working with digital marketing technologies, and a good technical understanding.
• A passion for food or experience working in food marketing in the F&B and/or retail sectors would be advantageous.
• This key member of the marketing team will be an excellent planner, with a talent for engaging people internally and via creative marketing content.
• Highly IT literate with and understanding of digital marketing systems and general IT (Adobe CC, social media management platforms, browsers/devices, CMS systems, email marketing, print marketing etc.)
• Excellent communication skills at all levels, internally and externally.
• Ability to understand and learn to use new software and applications quickly, and an agile approach to knowledge gathering.
• A creative flair and ability to “think outside of the box” to engage internal/external stakeholders and customers.
• Ability to convey ideas clearly and see a vision through to completion.
• Microsoft Office literate (Outlook/Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Teams).
• Data-driven decision maker with good understanding of key digital analytics software and metrics.
• Ability to produce high quality content in large volumes using Adobe CC.
• Excellent organisational ability, and a skill for delegation and re-prioritisation when and where necessary.
• Knowledge of content approaches that drive online engagement both in terms of brand awareness and ecommerce.
• Keen interest in latest digital marketing and online technologies.
• Passion for the creative side of marketing and advertising, an interest in new trends and established successful marketing behaviours.
• Sensitivity to the wider business connotations of the brand presence, and its impact on financial and reputational performance.
• Champion of brand standards with regards to content and its effect on customer experience.
• Willingness to go “above and beyond” to present the brand content and experience in a way that engages and excites current and new customers to the company.
• Able to challenge the status quo to improve systems and processes.
• Curious with a willingness to learn and develop.
• Data-driven, methodical and organised.
• Creative and engaged.
• Passion for the products and brand, with excellent understanding of key propositions.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Ability to work individually, prioritise workload and deliver on time.
• Desire to be part of a highly motivated team and act as a key player in the marketing team.
To apply for this post, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by post to Donald Russell, Harlaw Road, Inverurie, Aberdeenshire, AB51 4FR.