Our HR function is a critical part of our business. Reporting into our Head of HR and Development the HR Advisor is a valued and important part of our management team.
The HR Advisor will provide generalist HR support service to all Donald Russell Departments, supporting colleagues and line managers to achieve the company objectives, contributing to the development of our culture and colleague engagement across the business. This is a wide and varied role where no two days are ever the same and being part of a small team, the HR advisor has a great opportunity to make a real impact on the business and our employee experience.
About the role:
• Provision of guidance and support to line managers and employees the areas of recruitment, employee relations, succession planning, organisational development, training and performance management.
• Advise managers on the effective application of employment law and our policies and procedures, treating colleagues fairly, in line with good practice and legislative requirements whilst meeting business needs.
• Co-ordination of the recruitment cycle from start to finish, including onboarding and the delivery of inductions.
• Administration of all HR related documentation through the employment lifecycle including the preparation and issue of contracts of employment, changes to terms and conditions of employment and leavers documentation, updating the payroll function of all changes.
• Co-ordination of referrals to Occupational Health and monitoring long term sickness.
• Responsible for ensuring all HR information is managed: updating and providing reports from the Donald Russell systems.
• Be a HR systems super user for Softworks, co-ordinating training and maintaining the integrity of the data.
• In conjunction with line managers, identify staff development and training needs, sourcing and booking appropriate courses and providers.
• Co-ordinating the Apprentice Scheme within Donald Russell liaising with line managers, external training organisations and other third parties such as Skills Development Scotland and DYW.
• Liaison with schools and attendance at career/recruitment fairs to promote Donald Russell as an Employer of Choice.
• Supporting employee communications and engagement activities such as listening groups and the employee focus group.
• Support the development and maintenance of the HR strategy and participate in ad hoc projects as they arise.
• Responsible for Disclosure Scotland checks for applicable staff.
• Maintain a high level of ‘continuing professional development’ by undertaking training, attending networking events and reading professional updates to maintain an up to date knowledge of employment law and best practice in HR.
You have several years generalist experience within a HR function and a CIPD Qualification is preferred along with experience of dealing with complex people issues, including change management, coaching, discipline and grievance.
You must have:
• An excellent knowledge of UK employment legislation and HR best practice along with the ability to put this into practice.
• Excellent oral and written skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships across the business.
• Good organisational ability, excellent numeracy skills with an eye for detail.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and HRIS knowledge.
You need to be:
• A self-starter with great organisational ability, the ability to multi task and prioritise well.
• An excellent communicator with the ability to develop strong working relationships with colleagues at all levels within business.
• Someone who demonstrates a high level of integrity when dealing with sensitive issues and confidential information.
• A pragmatic, open and approachable colleague can build trust across the business.
• Driven by a desire to produce excellent work, both individually and as part of a highly motivated team.
• A genuine Values Champion who will demonstrate the behaviours that underpin our values.
• Treat every £ as your own, Honesty, Integrity, Unity, Customer focused.
• Interested OR even passionate about good food.
To apply for this post, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Donald Russell, Harlaw Road, Inverurie, Aberdeenshire, AB51 4FR.
The closing date for this post is 15th October 2023.