This is a permanent role based at our Production Facility at Inverurie and involve managing a small team who are key in making sure that Donald Russell is legally compliant in hygiene standards as a Food Business Operator(FBO and EC approved plant.
Working hours are 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday 8 am – 4.30 pm, however, flexibility will be required to fit around any overtime working with the Production area. Some weekend working may be required depending on operational requirements.
The duties will include:
Leading a small team, this role will assist to maintain the highest standards of hygiene within the production areas and ensuring that all equipment and machinery used is kept in good working order.
- Maintain high standards of hygiene cleaning in all areas of the plant.
- Determining staff levels, assigning workloads and managing the existing team.
- Ensure all production areas are kept in a clean and safe working condition.
- Ensure site tidiness at all external areas.
- Responsible for implementation and recording for Staff training in hygiene procedures.
- Responsible for implementation of Health and Safety procedures.
- Highlight any issues to the Production Director on daily/weekly basis as required.
- Responsible for implementation and recording new procedures and techniques within the role.
- Measure and report the effectiveness of team activities and performance on a regular basis through the annual performance review process.
- Communicate job expectations, train and develop employees.
Essential skills & experience:
Previous experience of working in a hygiene role within a food production environment would be advantageous, but not essential as full training will be given. Previous experience of managing a multi-cultural team is essential as is the ability to work well under pressure and to extremely high standards. As this role forms part of a small team - reliability and commitment to the role is also essential.
To apply for this post, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Donald Russell, Harlaw Road, Inverurie, Aberdeenshire, AB51 4FR. The closing date for this post is Friday 11 June 2021.