Wild Scottish Lobster Tails
Wild Scottish lobster - simply the finest there is.
- Creel caught here in Aberdeenshire
- Sweeter and more flavoursome than other breeds
- Limited seasonal availability
Price per kg:
- 2 Wild Scottish Lobster Tails, in pack of 2, 240-290g per pack
Indulge in sweet, succulent wild Scottish lobster this Christmas. Grill these in their shell or chop through the ultimate seafood cocktail…
Cooking guidelines from defrosted:
Remove all packaging.
1. Preheat oven to 170°C / fan 150°C / gas 3.
Melt some butter, approx. 1-2 tablespoons (15-30 ml) of butter per tail.
2. Lay the defrosted lobster tail (shell side up) on a chopping board.
Using a heavy chopping knife, carefully cut down the centre to the tail fan, so you have 2 halves.
Gently loosen the meat from the shell with your fingers, remove the vein from the centre of the tail, lay the flesh back into the shell ready for cooking.
3. Place the tails on a baking sheet, flesh side up and brush them with melted butter don't overlap on the baking sheet.
4. Bake them for 12 -14 minutes or until the tails reach 60-63°C.
Use an instant-read thermometer to measure the temperature in the thickest part of the tail.
Don’t let the tails get hotter than 60-63°C, or they may become rubbery and overcooked.
5. Carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven.
Place each lobster tail on a plate, add a lemon slice or 2 to each, and serve them immediately.
You can pour more melted butter over the tail meat, if you like.
For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in BOLD CAPITALS.