1. Allow the short rib to come to room temperature then place into the 3-ply Stainless Steel Roaster. Coat the meat with a layer of Dijon mustard.
2. Blitz the spice rub ingredients, or mix together by hand, then add the mix in an even layer over the mustard-covered short rib. Cover and allow the meat to marinate for a minimum of 1 hour, or overnight if you have time.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 170ºC / Fan 150°C / Gas Mark 3.
4. Place the roaster with the marinated meat into the oven and allow it to cook for around 5 hours, checking on it every now and then and basting with any excess juices that are released from the meat.
5. For the final hour of cooking add the shallots, rosemary and beef stock to the roaster, mix together the glaze ingredients and use to coat the short rib and continue to cook. Cook until the meat is completely tender and almost falling off the bone. Allow the meat to rest for half an hour once cooked.
6. For the kale polenta begin by blanching the kale in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 1 minute then remove, drain and finely chop both the kale and the parsley and then mix together in a bowl. Leave this to one side to sprinkle over the polenta once cooked.
7. Next gently warm the 200ml of milk with the 800ml of salted water in a large saucepan and add a generous sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper. Once almost boiling gently pour in the polenta and use a whisk to combine the mixture. Continue to whisk for 3-4 minutes, ensuring no lumps form. Once combined reduce the heat to a low simmer and allow to cook for around 40 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon occasionally.
8. When the polenta is ready, add the butter and stir until thoroughly combined. Finally, add the Parmesan and check to see if the seasoning needs adjusting. Serve immediately.
9. Add the polenta to the roaster, serve with more freshly ground black pepper, the grated nutmeg, a drizzle of olive oil and an extra sprinkle of Parmesan.