- Heat the oil in a heavy pan on a medium high heat then brown the mince in batches, breaking up with a wooden spoon as required and setting aside when browned.
- Add the onions and carrots and cook for 2 minutes, then add the celery, garlic and peppers and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until softened and lightly coloured.
- Add the spices and cook for a further minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, tomato puree, coriander stalks and the browned mince.
- Fill one of the empty tomato tins with water and pour this into the pan. Add balsamic vinegar and season with a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil and turn the heat down to simmer for about an hour, stirring every now and again to stop it catching.
- Serve with your choice of rice, tacos or jacket potatoes, with grated cheddar cheese, guacamole or soured cream as you prefer, sprinkling the coriander leaves on top.
As with many slow cooked dishes, this tastes even better the day after it is made. Leftovers are great in a jacket potato, on a Large Rösti or in wraps with guacamole, cheese and salad. Try adding a squeeze of lime and a handful of chopped coriander to zest it all up…
GOT THE INGREDIENTS? Buy Minced Steak here
Purchase your ingredients...
Bring your recipes to life by using the best 100% beef steak mince, made from our traditionally matured steak offcuts.4 SERVINGS£15.50
Rate this recipe
Your comment or suggestion
Comments on this recipe
No comments yet