- Using a large saucepan (one with a lid), gently brown the sausages in 1 tbsp of oil, add the bacon and fry lightly then set aside.
- Add the rest of the oil to the pan and fry the onions, adding the garlic when the onions start to soften. Cook until golden, then stir in the paprika.
- Add the wine or water then the tomatoes, tomato purée, stock, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and herbs.
- Bring to a simmer, then return the sausages and bacon to the pan. Cover the pan with the lid and simmer very gently for 20 minutes.
- Add the beans and cook for a further 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Season to taste and serve hot!
This rustic casserole tastes fantastic served simply with some crusty garlic bread to dip in the sauce. Delicious with Roasted New Potatoes with Fennel & Red Onions
GOT THE CUTS? Buy Pork Sausages & Smoked Streaky Bacon here
Purchase your ingredients...
Plump and tender1 SERVINGSfrom £7.00
Rate this recipe
Your comment or suggestion
Comments on this recipe
No comments yet