- Marinate venison in all ingredients down to and including red wine, in the fridge for 12 hours. Drain, reserving vegetables and marinade. Pat meat dry.
- Heat oil in a casserole and lightly brown the meat. Reserve, then cook vegetables in pan for 4-5 minutes, add tomato purée and cornflour, and cook until liquid evaporates.
- Return meat, deglazing with a splash of marinade. Add remainder, slowly boil (skimming off any foam), cover and simmer gently for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Strain into large bowl, remove meat and set aside. For a less rustic finish, fish out the herbs and spices to avoid biting into an intense surprise!
- Return sauce and veg to the pan and roughly liquefy using a masher or stick blender. Boil to thicken. Add the meat, return to a simmer, season and add grated nutmeg to taste. Stir in a knob of butter before serving.
Purchase your ingredients...
Free-range skinless chicken breasts from the Loué region of France4 SERVINGS
Regular Price: £15.00
Special Price: £11.50
Rate this recipe
Your comment or suggestion
Comments on this recipe
No comments yet