- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pot. Add 440g Minced Steak and sear it for 5-6 minutes
- Add 1 carrot (finely diced), 1 stalk celery (finely diced), 1 onion (chopped), 1 garlic clove (chopped) and 1 tbsp tomato purée then braise for a further five minutes, stirring continuously
- Deglaze with 150ml wine or beef stock and add 1 tin (chopped) tomatoes, 1 bay leaf and 1 clove
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer the sauce for 20-30 minutes until nearly all the liquid has evaporated
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Serve with spaghetti, tagliatelle or pappardelle, sprinkling with chopped parsley and freshly grated parmesan
For an extra tasty twist, add 3-4 rashers of chopped dry-cured Smoked Streaky Bacon to the pot at the same time as you do the mince.
This twist will in fact bring your finished Bolognese closer to the original Italian recipe from Bologna, where pancetta was traditionally included with the beef.
GOT THE CUT? Buy Minced Steak here
Purchase your ingredients...
Rate this recipe
Your comment or suggestion
Comments on this recipe
No comments yet