Christmas at Donald Russell
Let us help you serve up your most delicious Christmas yet
A golden skinned, juicy roast turkey, surrounded by all the trimmings – what could be more Christmassy? Ours are the finest free-range turkeys and turkey crowns, from the Loué farmers of France, and you have our guarantee that you will not be disappointed! Complete your feast with our butchers’ finest hand made meaty chipolatas, pigs in blankets, bacon for the top of the turkey and sausagemeat for the stuffing balls.
We've got a wealth of resources, including printable step-by-step guides and videos, to help you cook your turkey or turkey crown to perfection. Now you can even cook them from frozen! Watch our clear, step by step videos then print out a reminder or upload the link to your phone, so it’s to hand for the big day. Relax - you’re in safe hands.
We can even help with the leftovers! For tasty tips on what to do with your leftover turkey read our blog post Here
Alternative Main Courses
If you want to add more choice to your Christmas dinner table or simply fancy a change from turkey, we have plenty of choices for an alternative festive main course.
Our Most Popular Alternatives
Easy Carve Roasts
Slow Cooked Roasts
Bone in Roasts
We all love a party. Friends, music, drinks and nibbles. But who feels like spending hours at the cooker when they want to entertain? Don't worry, we're here to help with some perfect canapés and party food so that you can focus on making sure your guests are enjoying themselves.
• Keep everything easy to handle – people will probably have a drink in one hand and want to eat with the other, so while your speciality casserole might be absolutely delicious, it’s probably not going to be the easiest to juggle. And spare ribs won’t be so popular when the sticky sauce is all over your guests’ party clothes!
• Include some food that’s best served cold. . This can be arranged in advance and simply left on platters throughout the evening. Keep some back in the fridge so you can replenish the platters with nice fresh snacks as they get eaten. Cut slices of buttered rye bread into quarters and pile high with smoked salmon and soured cream, or salt beef, mustard and dill pickles.
• Stagger your dishes. If some food is better served hot, don’t put it all out at the beginning of the night. Prepare a batch of baked goods together, to present at the start of the evening while you’re busy welcoming guests, taking coats and making introductions.
• Later, when everyone has settled in, nip through to the kitchen to fry up some crunchy treats, and hand them round while they’re still hot to get the best oohs and aahs! You can spear things with cocktail sticks and hand them round together with a bowl of dip, so people can dunk as they go.
• Include something sweet. Sweet treats go down particularly well with designated drivers, who are often drinking sweet juices or cups of coffee – or maybe, your guests will simply have a sweet tooth.
So there you are - all the ingredients to turn your bash into a banquet, while making sure you get to enjoy yourself too!
Now, where’s that fizz?
Here to help...
We will be delivering Tuesday to Saturday throughout the festive season until the 22nd of December. (Saturday delivery is postcode applicable).
Festive Opening Hours
We’re here to help you achieve your perfect Christmas, and are only a phone call away. Our friendly advisers are ready to assist with everything from helping you put together your ideal Christmas menu, to cooking, carving and gift advice. We can send gifts to far flung friends and relatives, complete with your own message – you don’t even need to wrap anything!
We’ll be on the end of a phone line right up until 4pm on Christmas Eve, and after a short break for Christmas dinner, we’re back on Boxing Day, should you need any suggestions for what to do with your leftover turkey!
Our website is, of course, available 24 hours a day – and if you’re short of time, you can even email a gift voucher straight to your loved one’s inbox!
Call us on 01467 629666 – whatever you need, we’re always happy to help.
Here’s to your most delicious Christmas yet!