2. Once they are done*, transfer them to a wire rack with a plate below and loosely cover with tin foil. Let them rest like this, somewhere warm for 5 minutes while you get on with your sauce.
3. On a wooden chopping board, crush the garlic with the side of your knife, then add the herbs and other aromatics and chop as roughly or finely as you like.
4. Pour on the olive oil and balsamic and use your knife to scrape and chop it all together into a really loose, flavour-packed ‘sauce’.
5. Add any tasty juices that have gathered on the plate under the steaks and scrape and chop to mingle.
6. Lay your steaks, side by side, on top of the sauce-drenched board and slice them across the grain.
7. Using a spatula or tongs, gently toss the slices of steak in the sauce on the board, so each juicy sliver gets coated with the aromatic sauce.
8. Serve however you like - in a zesty, glistening mound alongside homemade chips; with a fresh green salad and crusty ciabatta; with mash and fried onion, or even with fresh buttered tagliatelle and parmesan. You’re going to love this!
* To check your steak is cooked to your preferred level of doneness, use the press test, as explained in this guide, complete with ‘how-to’ video – here.
Purchase your ingredients...
Because perfection needn’t cost the earth!4 SERVINGS
Regular Price: £18.00
Special Price: £14.00
Rate this recipe
Your comment or suggestion
Comments on this recipe
No comments yet